A UPAY is process by which a payroll transaction (that has already hit payroll ledger) can be ‘moved’ from one project to another.
|January:||pay $10 to a person for 2 hours work on project A|
|February:||submit a UPAY to move $5 (1 hour) over to project B|
|March:||UPAY hits the ledger and all accounts look as they should (regarding the work done in December that was paid in January)|
Note: UPAYs receive additional scrutiny in an audit perspective and should be strongly documented.
Select the UPAY menu item from under the Personnel menu.
- Click ‘New’ to create a new UPAY.
- Enter the person whose pay will need to be moved (to a different funding source).
- Enter the project information (from and to)
- Enter the expected ledger date, reason code and ‘prepared by’ information
- Select a line with a ‘movable’ Amount:
- Select destination info, and review the subs:
- Click ‘Post’
- Click ‘Print’ to get a printed copy of the official UPAY 773 form with all the required information filled in:
At this point you can visit the UPAY Screen (or the Payroll Post/Reconcile Screen) to see the record of the UPAY.